Assists in the integration of safety requirements into the planning, and construction of Bechtel projects. Interprets specialized requirements, evaluates and applies specialized scientific principles, and formulates scopes of work, plans, and methodologies suitable for achieving the desired objectives. Provides technical assistance to other Safety Services Specialists/Engineers.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Provides technical support to safety studies and assessments and other applicable safety and health reviews.
2. Provides specialized safety input to engineering, construction, and subcontracts, thus ensuring that safety requirements are properly integrated into project planning, design criteria, construction plans and specifications and subcontracts.
3. Participates in meetings, as required, with customers, project team members, and contractors/subcontractors to advise them of specialized safety and health requirements that may affect project design, construction schedule, and cost.
4. Assists in drafting project specific safety procedures, project specific implementation plans (e.g., evacuation plans, safety training plans and programs, People-Based Safety), and technical reports.
5. Conducts safety inspections of project construction activities to monitor compliance with safety requirements including contractual commitments, permits, the project’s ES&H plan, and other applicable safety plans.